Take the first step in your dive career and become a PADI Divemaster. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you'll expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills as you become a dive professional. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities by training you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
What will I do?
- Learn dive leadership through classroom and independent study sessions
- Complete water skills and stamina exercises in confined and open water
- Training exercises to test organizational and problem solving abilities
- An internship or series of practical training exercises
How long will it take?
What course materials are required?
The following materials are required:
- Recreational Dive Planner (RDP) – all three versions (Table, Wheel and eRDP including associated Instructions for Use booklets)
- The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
- Diving Knowledge Workbook
- Instructor Guides for the programs that may be conducted by PADI Divemasters. You may purchase these guides from your PADI Dive Center/Resort or you may download PDF versions by clicking on the links below.
* The PADI Divemaster video must also be viewed.
Price $1,000.00 PADI Divemaster 3 weeks course
Price $200.00 PADI Divemaster 3 months course
What can PADI Divemasters do?
- Work at local dive centers, on live-aboard dive boats, yachts and at exotic resort locations
- Assist PADI Instructors with students
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers
- Teach PADI Discover Snorkeling programs
- Lead certified divers on Discover Local Diving experiences
What do I need to start?
- Medical clearance signed by a physician