AWARE - FISH IDENTIFICATION SPECIALTY COURSE
Why PADI AWARE - Fish Identification?
This course will introduce you to the most common fish families and species found in temperate and tropical waters. You'll also learn basic fish identification and scientific survey techniques as well as how important personal involvement is in aquatic conservation.
How long will it take?
- Recommended Course Hours: 12
- Minimum Open Water Training: two dives over one day
Where can I go from here?
The AWARE - Fish Identification Adventure Dive from the
Adventures In Diving program
credits toward this specialty at the discretion of the instructor and this specialty certification counts as one of the five Specialty course certifications for the
PADI Master Scuba Diver
Price $130.00 PADI AWARE - Fish Identification, not including equipment.
Every day 8:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
What do I need to start?
- Minimum age: 10 years old
What will I do?
During your AWARE - Fish Identification Diver Specialty course, you'll practice basic fish identification techniques. The course includes all the background you'll need to identify fish in your area, including:
- Information on Project AWARE and aquatic protection worldwide
- Characteristics of local fish families and species
- Fish survey techniques and strategies
- Fish identification dive planning, organization and procedures