AWARE - CORAL REEF CONSERVATION SPECIALTY COURSE
Why AWARE - Coral Reef Conservation?
The AWARE - Coral Reef Conservation Specialty course teaches divers, snorkelers and nondivers about the vital role of coral reefs in the marine environment. The course also familiarizes participants with the current state of the world's coral reefs and how they can help.
How long will it take?
- Recommended Course Hours: two
What will I need?
- A.W.A.R.E. - Our World, Our Water
- Protect the Living Reef Video
Where can I go from here?
Price $60.00 PADI AWARE - Coral Reef Conservation.
Every day 8:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
What do I need to start?
- No dive certification required
What will I do?
This non-diving course includes:
- An introduction to Project AWARE
- The importance of coral reefs to marine ecosystems and coastal areas
- Coral reef biology, association and competition
- The status of the world's coral reefs
- How participants can help, including responsible diving and snorkeling practices